Sunday, July 13, 2008

In Memory of My Dad



I uploaded some pix of my mom to fotothing and wished I could also do that with my dad. He passed away in 2006. So I took his formal Army Portrait...CT 87th Infantry Division for WWII and placed it by a window and took a picture of that. He served in a few campaigns over in Europe and saw many battles.



My husband, son and I along with my brothers (2), sisters (2), their spouses, kids (5 in all) and my mom are all heading to Washington DC in a few weeks to have his ashes inurned at Arlington National Cemetary. It will be quite an emotional trip.




You can be sure I'll be bringing my camera and we are extending the trip a few days to see some sights. I'll be sure to post some pix to fotothing....if you are interested in seeing them (even though our class will be over, I'm going to maintain that account).


And here's a pix of my mom too....

And in case any of you are wondering...because many people ask...yes they had me quite late in life and my parents are old enough to be my grandparents...and that has always been a wonderful gift! 16 years span between my oldest brother and me (yep, I'm the baby).


3 comments:

Connie Scott said...

I'm so sorry about your dad.

Thank you for the photos, allowing us to share in your grief and joy.

Adrienne said...

That is a nice portrait of your mom.

Jerry said...

Nice, Michele.