Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Before & After



So before taking this class, I would have thought this was a pretty good picture of my son (first picture).


Now.......well.......I think not! Why?? Flashed used (you can see the shadow). The background is all cluttered taking away from the focal point. It needs cropping!! The smile looks a little forced.

So what do I consider a good portrait of my son now???? See below....natural light from the window he is next to - not flash; cropped to really bring your attention to the subject and not the surroundings. Although not a relaxed face, this truly is a "natural" smirk for him that comes quite naturally to him (scary thought! LOL!). I think this one really brings attention to the glimmer in his eyes!



THANK YOU JERRY!!!!
To Jerry and all my classmates...I have had a BLAST working with you "virtually" over the past several weeks!! I will truly miss the class...I can feel the withdrawl symptoms already!! So many of you have been so much fun and I really looked forward to your comments on my pictures every week!
Every year my husband and I throw a BIG end of summer celebration at our house/yard. Usually around Labor Day, but this year may be the weekend following. I am extending an invitation for all of you to attend (with or without your cameras!). I'll send out an invite via campus cruiser email, but if you have a different email address you would like me to use email me at themehans@optonline.net
Drop me a line anytime!
Best regards,
Michele

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Thanks for posting the before and after Michele... what a difference 8 weeks can make!

Good luck and hope to see you down the road!